Certified Pharmacy Technician
Job Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Certified Pharmacy Technician, licensed through the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) or Pharmacy Technician Board (PTCB) required.
- Scanning profiles, e-prescribing correspondence and prescriptions and then filling and entering new prescriptions and refills.
- Interpret prescription orders and enter data accurately and timely.
- Fills prescriptions.
- Contacting providers for additional information if needed on a prescription.
- Utilizing customer service skills over the phone to obtain clarification on prescription orders with patients, doctors’ offices and nursing staff.
- Coordinate the transfer of prescription orders from other pharmacies.
- Assists Pharmacist with contacting doctors’ offices and patients to resolve clinical issues.
- Documents all call information according to standard operating procedures.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Enter data accurately and timely.
- Utilize multiple databases programs for accessing member information.
- Achieve individual performance goals for productivity and quality.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
- Resolve pharmacy issues from members and providers, determine the cause of the issue; select and explain the best solution to solve the issue; expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Pharmacist.
Level and Type of Education Required
- High School diploma or GED
- Certified Pharmacy Technician, licensed through the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) or Pharmacy Technician Board (PTCB) required.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is able to work with minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: personal computer printer; calculator; telephone; copier; fax machine.
Office and call center environment, with exposure to noise with minimal exposure to adverse environmental issues.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT US: